Pug 106 Battery removal

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
wattson

Pug 106 Battery removal

Postby wattson » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi gang,
I have the opportunity to get a set of batteries for my 106 but I would have to go to Nice to remove them from the donor car. Does anyone know what is involved & if any special equipment is required? I am new to the workings of electric cars but I can change a torch battery without causing too many fires!
Is there a way of testing the packs with a meter to check if they are reasonably sound? The photo I saw of the label was an exact copy of the one on Evan's site!
Thanks in advance,
Wattson

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:01 pm

If you have to actually remove them then take a look at my berlingo battery change thread as I suspect its pretty similar.

I must say its not something I'd relish miles from home :shock:

The only way to check the units would be really to discharge them, easy way drive the vehicle , non easy way take a 10 to 15Kw load and load the batteries and watch the voltages.
Static voltage testing may not show up a duff cell but if they are all above 6 volts then theres a good chance that battery would be OK ........possibley.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”