towing a berlingo ev

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
jezf

towing a berlingo ev

Postby jezf » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:31 am

Just out of interest, I have heard that an electric berlingo cannot be towed if you run out of power!!!
Is that true?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:03 pm

They can be towed but there are a couple of things that you need to do depending on how your towing.

The first one is you must of course ensure you do not exceed the maxium norma speed of the motor which is about 60-65mph I'd keep it to around 50mph to be on the safe side, if you do exceed it then you could end up with the motor exploding :cry:

Also select N with the gearlever, if you are towing with a A frame then you'll need to have the ignition on to unlock the steering of course.

Dont try to recharge the pack mind you by towing it and using the regen, while this may well work you could end up charging them @ 200Amps odd :shock: and they wont really want that also there would be no management on the battery as such so you wouldnt really know whats going on.

So yes you can tow a Blingo if you need to get it home if its run out of juice 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Badger

Postby Badger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:58 pm

I am going to tow mine tommorow and have removed the fuse interlink and the brushes, so do i need to put the fuse block back in to get the wheels to turn ie turn the ignition on or is this a bad idea?
Badger
you are more possible than you can powerfully imagine.

www.woodrum.co.uk

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:29 am

Bit late with this reply possibley :oops: had to pop out last night so didnt spot it.

TBH if you've got the brushes out and a pack fuse out then I cant see an issue :? make sure its in "N" of course.

The spare I currently have has been towed at 50mph before now with it just in "N" and ignition switched off. It didnt appear to suffer any ill effects, but it did go poof and thats why I have it , but thats possibley to do with a field fault on the motor rather than the contoller, but of course who's too know unless the faults traced and fixed :?

I've towed mine a few times now @ 30-35mph in "N" with the ignition on for about 5 miles and it hasnt caused any problems.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:24 pm

I towed mine too when I ran out of juice. Did a bit of regen to give me a little juice to back it into the charging bay when I got home.

I also towed one that made grinding noises - never again tho as it made grooves in the comm :(

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”