German Company Breaking Electric Blingo's for Spares

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Geoff

German Company Breaking Electric Blingo's for Spares

Postby Geoff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:16 am

I came accross this while looking for something else.

http://www.elektroauto-forum.de/Kleinan ... x.php?id=7

You may know it already, but if not it might be a good opportunity for anyone needing Blingo parts.

They claim to speak English, but I could probably help with translation if necessary.

Geoff

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Nice find Geof , may well help several people out over here in the UK.

I used babel fish to do some basic traslation but couldnt really work out what sort of money they wanted for stuff ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:40 am

No prices mentioned,

It just says send him the vehicle serial number & build year and the part number of anything you want and he will advise.

I guess that you could follow enough German to understand that he had recently obtained a 1999 Partner (15000km) and Blingo (18000km) with mechanical damamage to break. "Almost all Electrique specific parts avaialble"

Geoff

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:09 am

Yep bable fish sort of gave me that idea :wink:

The only problem I can see is getting stuff back here !!!

ChrisB

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:53 am

Germany is inter - EU so courier is no problem (except possibly for price!!) .....unless you are wanting to bring something particularly big or hazardous (like a battery pack). The only complication is VAT. I think you have to buy stuff VAT free and then pay UK VAT on import. Courier will usually arranger the UK VAT for you but beware that they will sometimes sting you for a big administration charge. Check first.

For more info the customs help line is 0845 010 900 00

Geoff

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:28 pm

I have purchased a number of items from Germany and Holland over the summer. Within the EU, you pay VAT in the country your buying from, in this case Germany. If they are for personal use, you will not be charged any duty or VAT when they enter the UK.

Any country outside the EU, you pay import duty, up to 8% plus VAT. Especially if you use FedEX, they seem to love telling the revenue about everything they bring into the country.

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks Ian for that , wasnt sure on the legal side of things, have only ever imported the odd few items from the states and got stung quite bad for import duties :cry: not such a bargain after all was my feeling :(

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”