Eco Light / system

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
genawin

Eco Light / system

Postby genawin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:17 pm

My (Li-Co) cells sag and this puts the eco light / system on making the reduced power worse - any way to fool the system would be handy ?
The other queery is when the Energy meter is low or on zero does the standard controller restrict power ?

timpootle

Re: Eco Light / system

Postby timpootle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:30 pm

I don't know the answer to your first question, but you need not fear the energy meter.

As I don't have the ignition on while charging (and my pack is 6 times bigger than Citroen intended) I always drive with the energy meter reading zero, with no ill effects.

HTH
Tim Crumpton

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 pm

The cut back is purely voltage based. What is your nominal pack voltage when charged with how many cells? It must be dropping way down below 150 if its getting the eco light on.

Grumpy-b

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 pm

genawin wrote:My (Li-Co) cells sag and this puts the eco light / system on making the reduced power worse - any way to fool the system would be handy ?
The other queery is when the Energy meter is low or on zero does the standard controller restrict power ?

A diode and a big capacitor with a small leakage resistor. Let the charge in via the diode which charges the huge capacitor/resistor (in parallel) then to the sensor wire. The diode will stop any reverse charge going back into the battery but the leakage resistor will slowly let the voltage sag allowing you to accelerate.

All cells sag under load. Go see the BMS maker and demand a fix, your money back or a full lifetimes guarantee that your cells will never be harmed then beat his brains in for not having a clue what he was doing. :twisted:

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Its not a discrete function but part of the Berlingo calculator operation. So adding components isnt an option in this case. Can you tell us what your pack volatge is and number of cells / voltage per cell.

Grumpy-b

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Grumpy-b wrote:Its not a discrete function but part of the Berlingo calculator operation. So adding components isnt an option in this case. Can you tell us what your pack volatge is and number of cells / voltage per cell.

Grumpy-b

Ahh! add more cells. :mrgreen:

genawin

Postby genawin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Firstly it's a 106 which is normally on 120v Ni-Cd , i've got 36 Li-Co cells which sit at about 136v but in this cold weather their sagging down to 100 or maybe less - difficult to say as the car isn't on the road yet , I'm currently fitting a heating system to the cells , does anyone know the target temp , i was thinking about 20c ?
I should also point out that 7 of the cells i bought were reported as being high resistance but they are all sagging about the same (3.8 down to 2.8 ish)

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:04 pm

genawin wrote:Firstly it's a 106 which is normally on 120v Ni-Cd , i've got 36 Li-Co cells which sit at about 136v but in this cold weather their sagging down to 100 or maybe less - difficult to say as the car isn't on the road yet , I'm currently fitting a heating system to the cells , does anyone know the target temp , i was thinking about 20c ?
I should also point out that 7 of the cells i bought were reported as being high resistance but they are all sagging about the same (3.8 down to 2.8 ish)

I know very little about Li-Co2 cells so what I say is only an opinion. Have a good read from this chappies blog (LiFePo4's):-
http://tovey-books.co.uk/testing.php
They will readily accept a charge like Lemmings until over charged.
I'm sure you can't go wrong with room temperature cells. A heated blanket underneath before charging in an insulated case? Over and under temps are very important! Never charge 'em cold or allow them to get too warm.
The smaller your pack in relation to the load will obviously sag more.
"Internal resistance" Has often been proved to be a misnomer. This figure will vary with temperature, SOC, charging or discharging etc. etc. Some people figure it as a reactance, impedance or ion transfer rates.
The clever money has always bottom balanced a pack and set the charger to never charge much above 80% so no need for a BMS. Like here:- http://kwsaki.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/bo ... ncing.html

The Voltage sag issue if on existing equipment, I'd simply spoof it as I said before.
All the best. :roll:

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Beemer wrote:I know very little about Li-Co2 cells so what I say is only an opinion...

The Voltage sag issue if on existing equipment, I'd simply spoof it as I said before.
All the best. :roll:

We are the best forum for information on the PSA/Sagem controller, thanks to the great experience of people like ChrisB and GrumpyB who have done lots and owned many of these vehicles.

I would trust their advice on this ... ;-)
Tim Crumpton

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:17 pm

timpootle wrote:......................ChrisB and GrumpyB who have done lots and owned many of these vehicles.

I would trust their advice on this ... ;-)

Shows how little I know :)
These are charger/controllers for Lithium cells?

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”