TOWING

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
genawin

TOWING

Postby genawin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:30 am

Has anyone had any expirence with the effects of towing - How important would it be to remove the brushes ? I need to tow a 106 (without batteries) about 90 miles.

timpootle

Re: TOWING

Postby timpootle » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:58 am

I can't see any point removing the brushes, if you stay below the speed the car will do anyway, and accept normal brush wear on your journey. Maybe not even that, as I think sparking accounts for more brush wear than pure mechanics. John O'Reilly here in Cheshire keeps checking his brushes, but is on about 12,000 miles with them as he never goes over 40 in his blingo.

Remember the weight of the car is more than a standard 106, and use a big tow-car. I towed my Blingo the 12 miles to the dealers with a diesel 306, and that was a bit hairy. Otherwise, go for it! Where have you found a 106 from? I know of 3, but there are not many about. Oops- just read your post again. No weight problem without the batteries fitted. Did you buy Rob's lithium project?
Tim Crumpton

genawin

Re: TOWING

Postby genawin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks Tim for your comments and yes it is "Rob's lithium project" , Rob feels that the lack of electrical energy going through the brushes might mean there is no plasma layer to protect the commutator , But i was hoping that someone had actual experience of a long tow.
My experiences were a 130 mile tow of a Reva and 70 mile with a twin Lynch Rascal they were both OK.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”