going to get one this time... i hope

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
boelle

going to get one this time... i hope

Postby boelle » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:02 am

been looking for a blingo and have 2 options

option 1:

1st reg: 2000
68035 km
mix of cells from 1999 and 2009
range as of now up to 30 km's

Option 2:

1st reg: 1998
37400 km
year on cells unknown
range 40-80 km's

which one should i go for? pure logic would say option 2 but sure there are some pitfalls

what should i look for when doing a test drive? should i insist on looking at the cell's and are they easy to get to with basic tools i can bring in my pocket?

come with as much input as possible... might be a good start on a kind of buyers guide, if there are one then we could add more details (have not been able to find one thou)

when i get one (depends if i get a perm contract with the city busses) my plan is to slowly go the blingo through from bumber to bumber and make small repair guides (with lot of photo's)

for mods... not anything fancy.. maybe a mod that brings on the break light when doing regen, should be easy enough with a picaxe and with speed potmeter and eco meter as input... same could be used as a speed potmeter limiter to get ultra eco, only need to figure how to limit the potmeter

other than that the very big mod i would have in mind is lifepo4 cells, but still waiting for a kit from evan or details on how to interface a bms with the onboard charger so the cells are not over charged during normal charge or regen and not total drained either. a almost done bms system i know where to get from this forum ( who said peter :wink: ) but i dont want to step on any toes here so i will wait if there is something in the works for the blingo

//bo
Help me build a big local network: http://gogetfunding.com/project/big-local-network
Best Pizza In Town: www.pizzaløg.dk

ChrisB

Re: going to get one this time... i hope

Postby ChrisB » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Well I'll add bits from my experience

boelle wrote:been looking for a blingo and have 2 options

option 1:

1st reg: 2000
68035 km
mix of cells from 1999 and 2009
range as of now up to 30 km's

Depends how many cells are pre 2000
Option 2:

1st reg: 1998
37400 km
year on cells unknown
range 40-80 km's

Better option but if the cells are all pre 2000 they could fail

which one should i go for? pure logic would say option 2 but sure there are some pitfalls
See above

what should i look for when doing a test drive?
Try and drive it to as far as it can go without the recharge light coming so you know for sure the range and not just what someone is telling you

should i insist on looking at the cell's and are they easy to get to with basic tools i can bring in my pocket?
You cant really get to the batteries without major work, there should be date stickers on the battery crates, but that may not indicate whats actually in the crates but it might give a guide

come with as much input as possible... might be a good start on a kind of buyers guide, if there are one then we could add more details (have not been able to find one thou)

Theres not a great deal to add really, ask the owner about his water regime, needs to be regular and preferabley done around 500ah over charge, does the owner own a EVlite or similar for watering and daignostic purposes

when i get one (depends if i get a perm contract with the city busses) my plan is to slowly go the blingo through from bumber to bumber and make small repair guides (with lot of photo's)

always good

for mods... not anything fancy.. maybe a mod that brings on the break light when doing regen, should be easy enough with a picaxe and with speed potmeter and eco meter as input... same could be used as a speed potmeter limiter to get ultra eco, only need to figure how to limit the potmeter

It does appear some vans bring the brake lights on under regen anyway, this may be a software thing ?

other than that the very big mod i would have in mind is lifepo4 cells, but still waiting for a kit from evan or details on how to interface a bms with the onboard charger so the cells are not over charged during normal charge or regen and not total drained either. a almost done bms system i know where to get from this forum ( who said peter :wink: ) but i dont want to step on any toes here so i will wait if there is something in the works for the blingo

Have a word with Tim as he's doing is long ranger :wink:

//bo

Dunno if the above bits in red help, hope they do others might be able to add to it 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

boelle

Postby boelle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks a lot... Will it make any sense to make a thread alone for a buying guide and gather every users experience there? a kind of sticky where we can add as people reply?
Help me build a big local network: http://gogetfunding.com/project/big-local-network

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:49 am

When Charged, check the pack voltages. Drive it until the charge light or eco light comes on, then measure the battery pack voltages. Use this to assess the average cell voltage, I have recently posted a simple spreadsheet that helps work out the cell voltages.
Check the brushes, by taking off the cover on the motor, holding the spring aside and withdraw the visible brush. They have a line on th side if the wear left is less than 5mm then they need urgently replacing. Look at the comm on the motor, it should be nice and smooth not ridged and uneven, this would also be reflected on the end of the brush.
Check the rear void bush on the front suspension arms, if they are loose and torn they need replacing. Not costly, but this is the cause of the outer tyre wear. The weight of the electrique make this really important. The front discs corrode, as they dont get enough use. Replacement is not expensive. and will transform the braking.
Dont consider 1999 cells. Just not worth it. Check the drain holes in the cases, if there is any draining deposit on this, it could indicate a leak in the coolant, or a holed battery. You wont find everything. Mine had had the coolant connector filled with silicon, to mask the seriously holed batteries that must have leaked like a sieve.
As chris says the history of maint and watering is important. I have just changed some cells for a chap (Cells arnt the best but better than they had) who had taken it to a dealer who allegedly maint and watered it. Total rubbish, with two cells burnt through the watering would have poured through the casing. It ultimately took 15ltrs. No way had the dealers done their job.
You can only check the date on the case of the cells, but that is no indication of whats inside. My cases have 2002 to 2003 dates with all sorts of 2002 to 2003 cells throughout them.
Good luck
Grumpy-b

boelle

Postby boelle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:16 pm

thanks again...

when going for the test drive i will ask the seller to have it charged and leave the plug in... a volt meter in the pocket should take care of the voltage messurement...

as for the watering i can only take his word for it.. the rear void bush is that checkable with the wheel on the ground?

it will need a check anyway before i can take it to safety inspection, here they check the ball joints in the steering and suspension as the first things and then the bearings in the wheel hub as next... and oc course break stand test etc... but if it has a year left before that i will change stuff during the summer

as for duff cells we are lucky that we can still get hold of them even thou they are pricy... arround 500 € each :shock:

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:54 pm

One point, the Park brake position on the transmission, has a very weak and insubstantial mechanism behind it. If you let the vehicle move against the pawl once its dropped in place, you wont get it out of Park, until you push the vehicle back uphill. I do know of one chap in the UK who subsequently broke his cable trying to get it out of park. So dont let your inspectors get too involved testing that function.
If you need any, I have two vehicles worth of spare parts, except controllers and SAFT cells.
The void bush needs you to be able to get underneath so probably best left until you have the safety inspection, or whatever you called it.
e500 is a lot less than they want in the UK, it was 700 last time i asked.
Regards
Grumpy-b

boelle

Postby boelle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:05 pm

No problem with the park brake.. it's not a safty thing here so they can not fail me on that... as long the hand brake works

how do the excel sheet work?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm

The post with the spreadsheet is here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3122
It was about sudden loss of range.
I explained how to use it there.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 pm

I've yet to find ANYONE able to get Saft cells here, yep been quoted a couple of times but try and buy them and you are met with a brick wall, even had a person who has been able to order anything in the past for his company and was totally gobsmacked to find even he couldnt get any :shock: :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”