Direction Change hiccup

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Richard Elliott

Direction Change hiccup

Postby Richard Elliott » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:02 am

My 1999 Berlingo with 2001 batteries soldiers on! I've now clocked up 10,000 miles in it in rural Devon. Occasionally I've had a temporary hiccup where the van stays in reverse when you move it into forwards. Slightly embarrasing at traffic lights! This occasional problem has now become more frequent but I've been able to adjust my driving technique so it doesn't cause me a bother. I've found that as long as when you go from reverse to forward and pop it into neutral on the way it goes forward. BUT whilst it goes forward, the green 'forwards' light on the dash doesn't come on briefly like it should do and the Electrical Fault light comes on and stays on, even though the van drives fine. Sometimes it clears whilst driving, sometimes it doesn't. Does anybody have any experience of this? Is it some kind of electrical glitch - worn contacts maybe, or might it be a case of applying a drop of oil somewhere strategic!! It never happens the other way round bye the way, that is, it never sticks in forward and won't go into reverse.
Richard Elliott

Grumpy-b

Re: Direction Change hiccup

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:50 pm

The control lever is linked to the gearbox by a cabcle that has an adjustable collar on the front side of the lever housing. You prise a part off the side slide the end of the cable in and out then slip the side collar back in. Getting it all to line up isnt easy. I still dont have Park working on my Multispace, but everything else is ok. I would suggest that you check on the cable slack by someone shifting gear lever as you lay on your back underneath looking and feeling the cable outer for movement. It may well be that you will need to adjust the slack in the cable.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”