Importing

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
mattcarr

Importing

Postby mattcarr » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 am

Has anyone imported a Berlingo or Peugeot from Europe at all? I know it is a pain to have a left hand drive one, but to me that is better than not having one.

I have seen quite a few cars for sale across europe and am considering getting one and bringing it back to the UK. Is it fairly straight forward to get the vehicle UK registered?

here is someone selling a few in France

http://automobile-voiture.shop.ebay.fr/ ... 11.c0.m282

and another very tidy looking on in Germany

http://cgi.ebay.de/Peugeot-106-Elektroa ... 2eafb5a899

This one has been listed a few times and has not sold. I think the starting price is a little to high.

ChrisB

Re: Importing

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:29 am

Personally I'd get one from here http://drivelectric.com/used_berlingos.htm dunno where they get their supplies from though :? would love to know.

Otherwise keep an eye on e-bay uk, the one abroad for me are too old and may have battery issues (apart from the 106's possibley) dont forget you may find insurance to be more because of the left hand drive.

Not worth the grief of importing personally, I kept looking on e-bay, took about 2 or 3 yrs I think before I got mine though.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:11 pm

The drive electric people have only got one left. A 53 plate for 5k + vat. The person I spoke to did say they have not got anything else and are finding it hard to get stock.

I will keep looking to see what crops up on eBay. If I dont get one soon I might have to get another Gwiz !!!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:58 pm

mattcarr wrote:
I will keep looking to see what crops up on eBay. If I dont get one soon I might have to get another Gwiz !!!!

Its odd, you can go for months on e-bay and not see one and then you will get a load pop up, just make sure you get one without any issues :wink:

Wish I knew where electric drive were managing to source theirs from cos you just know they are getting them a lot cheaper :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

harry morris

Postby harry morris » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:10 pm

mattcarr wrote:The drive electric people have only got one left. A 53 plate for 5k + vat. The person I spoke to did say they have not got anything else and are finding it hard to get stock.

Do take CHRISE'S advice MATT an import is not a good idea even the BLINGO on eBay at the moment has serious battery problems! one will come along just have to be patient a little longer. cheers HARRY MORRIS

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”