Berlingo Charging Problem

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
kof

Berlingo Charging Problem

Postby kof » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi Guys,

My Berlingo charge drops from between 4% to 6% with each successive charge. After it only charges to about 60% I then do a balancing charge with the EVLite - this brings it back up to 100% or even above, if thats possible!! I may then get a 100% charge for the next 5 to 6 charges, and then it begins to drop again by 4% to 6% with each successive charge and so the cycle begins again. This has been the pattern since my EV career began 18 months ago.

I have had the temp sensor out and checked and I have also got a new 12V battery.

Any thoughts?

ChrisB

Re: Berlingo Charging Problem

Postby ChrisB » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Odd, ignoring the energy meter how is the range currently before the battery recharge light comes on, also does the range change when you do a balance charge?

Also what is the terminal voltage just before the charge finishes, you should be able to read this off the EVlite.

I'm suspecting you may have some cells that have gone down in the traction pack somewhere.

A quick run round with a volt meter should confirm or deny that issue.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”