do berlingos batts lose charge if left sat

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
ChrisB

Re: do berlingos batts lose charge if left sat

Postby ChrisB » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:08 pm

sticks wrote:just checked after about 11/12 mins and 12v batt read 11.95 and dropping but then switched lights off and slowly crept back up to 12v,

can i get one of theese batts from halfrauds or is it a citroen special lol,

cheers

mmm thats not too bad really, not if it had fallen off below 11v then I would have defo said its the aux battery

sticks wrote:well £69 later i put a new batt in ,currently power meter of van is showing a needle over 80% so more testies to come

The energy meter doesnt have any link to the 12v battery, that only shows the capacity left in the traction batteries.

Whats the ignition on voltage on the 12v battery, I'd like to see it up near the 14.4v mark really beforeI'd be totally happy.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

sticks

Postby sticks » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Cheers Chris,im gonna go check now

sticks

Postby sticks » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:25 pm

well just checked with new batt ignition on and getting 14.5v ish and with lights and ignition on 14.3v ish much better than the original batt

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Thats more like it 8)

Give that a go and see how things go from there, if you still run into problems then obviousely theres more diggin to be done.

ChrisB

sticks

Postby sticks » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:17 pm

one thing i have noticed is that when i put it into reverse without the headlights on the reverse beeper comes on but doesnt come on when headlights are on and in reverse STRANGEEEEEEE!!!!!

hopefully shes on the mend for now lol

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:25 pm

A new battery will need some charge to get it up to full charge, so it will take a short while and probably a charge to get it up to strength.

dont despair.

Grumpy-b

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Yes , I must admit, even new batteries I tend to bench charge over night on a trickle charge before fitting as you dont really know how long they have been sat about.

Hopefully a couple of uses on the Berlingo should be enough, its not like our 12v Aux batts have to suffer starter currents when they are new :wink:

ChrisB

sticks

Postby sticks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

hi,not sure if 12v batt is to blame as my van was at 50% charge so i charged it earlier ive just got back and it has finished charging but the needle on power scale only reaching 95% and after a charge its always 100% or over so i plugged charger back in and it is currently on charge,

i have just removed the stereo from the van aswell just to be sure,but what do all these signs mean ????

cheers

sticks

Postby sticks » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:43 pm

well i thought it was charging but only seems that it charges for approx 1-2 more mins before turning off , so batt is still roughly 95/97% charged,

my heart is already dropping :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

p.s the only fault codes are Q0 and E0 but these have always been present and it used to charge over 100% .

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Tricky to say really, what sort of range do you normally get out of it ??

I've had the energy meter "lie" if you dont use the van often or leave it for a while it does (or mine does) take a few cycles down to below 50% before it plays ball again, its like it goes out of calibration.

If your still getting a decent range then I wouldnt worry overly and see if it settles down over a few regular charge discharge cycles, if your running into range issues then it may be due to a traction battery issue.

I know I once managed to run my energy meter what I think was negative figures i.e it got to zero and I was still driving it without issue until the recharge light came on, but after doing that it took a good 3 or 4 cycles before the meter would recharge back to 100% as I suspect the calculator was using negative figures and thus while the batteries where actually being fully charged the energy meter wasnt saying they were.....if that makes sence....it sorted itself out eventually.
See this thread for my super range test viewtopic.php?f=3&t=125

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”