Roasted Controller Berlingo Electrique

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
harolddegouw

Postby harolddegouw » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:12 pm

this is my DC-DC convertor:

This could be the probable couse or is it the effect?:
a hole was burned into the alloy casting (at falure number 1, see down here)

I found 4 different failures:
1 Capacitor c12 has a burned leg and also burned the track away
2 Capacitor c11 has a burned leg and also burned the track away from the standing cardboard until the wide track. the remains of this track are sticked to the alloy casting, see picture above.
3 1 leg of the standing cardboard is burned away
4 1 end power module is broken

Replacing the capacitors and the power end module is easy, also repairing the cardboard tracks is not hard to do. I am worried though that more parts are broken. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem, does anyone have measuring data available? Or can anyone advice in this matter?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi
No the place mide went was on the very last piece of track near to the power coming out of the unit.
I dont use a picture site so I cant post my images.
Yours looks much worse.
When my multispace controller goes back in the output cable will have a 70amp fuse in it. At least that should limit any damage.

Grumpy-b

harolddegouw

Re: Roasted Controller Berlingo Electrique

Postby harolddegouw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi guys,

After some consideration I am planning to replace the parts on the PCB, especially the powermosfets that produce the high frequency AC power. As wel as the parts situated on the standing cardboard, that control the gate of the power modules. In my search for the parts, the IXYS importer in the Netherlands can supply the needed powermosfets but because it is not a stock item I need to order 30 pieces. They offer me a newer type, they have in stock IXFX32n80p but it is too big. Cost about 7 euro a piece. http://www.ixyspower.com/store/PartDetails.aspx?r=0&pid=416 Does anyone know where to get the right ones? IXFH13n80 Or does anyone have an old controller or DC-DC converter on the attic?

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”