Battery watering blockage - should I panic?

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
gwing

Postby gwing » Fri May 01, 2009 12:06 pm

ChrisB wrote:Whey hey a result 8)

So if the drain was kinked that could have been why it was blocked possibley ??

Yes indeed. It doesn't quite explain why it would have initially watered through & out everywhere but then blocked - but I think I'm going to have to put that last nagging doubt to the back of my mind & enjoy driving it.

ChrisB wrote:Still amazed that you had fluid coming from the center crate drain though ?? wouldnt have thought with the best will in the world that a blocked drain would have managed to get fluid into the crate like that ??

It was not coming from inside the crate but rather jetting out elsewhere and running to groung via the case exterior - so thats more explainable.

ChrisB wrote:What sort of range does it have ??ChrisB

Seems OK & much as before. I have done just 18 miles (up and down the usual hills) since the maintenance charge and am at 75%. You always seem to get a 'bonus' before it drops below 100% though so that doesn't quite imply 72 miles :)

As you say, a result :D , I'm still interested in a few spare batteries 'just in case' though.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri May 01, 2009 10:09 pm

gwing wrote:
ChrisB wrote:Still amazed that you had fluid coming from the center crate drain though ?? wouldnt have thought with the best will in the world that a blocked drain would have managed to get fluid into the crate like that ??

It was not coming from inside the crate but rather jetting out elsewhere and running to groung via the case exterior - so thats more explainable.

Ahhhhhhhhhh all becomes clear now :oops: I thought from your first post that you had fluid coming from INSIDE the crate and draining out of the center drain hole in the center of the crate.

As you say, get out there and enjoy the EV grin that we all get when we drive these things :roll:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”