My Broken Berlingo

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Tue May 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Is this the light with a Z with an arrow head facing right and underneath a right facing arrow towards a T laying on its side.

This (according to PSA) is lit when an electronic "incident" has a occured or there is something wrong with "Isolation" !.

I remember you saying that there was a cable that you did not know where it went. Are you sure that it is connected in the right place and you have not grounded one side of the traction battery to the body of the van ?.

Apparently it also lights when at the end of 100AH of use with the charge light on and the water filling; was still not carried out.

It is fixed by setting E the mass limits 43 calculator - this last sentence I dont understand - but is translated from the french.

SO I reckon do your maint charge - water the batts, reset water light.

Then unplug traction fuse, disconnect 12v battery - charge 12 batt on oridnary car battery charger overnight - then connect it all back up and try again.

If it were a normal car with ODB11 there would be a "reset" command for all errors - and I wonder if the "limits 43 calculator" is a command number to send to the ECU from an ActiLite test box.

John - cleanest Blingo for miles...

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey John,

That's the light. In the UK Manual its called the Electrical Fault Lamp. It has the Z arrow on top and a diode symbol below.

The cable I wasn't sure of seems to come off the (-) terminal cable of the 12 aux battery and connects to the ECU box. I have a pic on page 2 of this post.

Hopefully the battery watering will remedy the fault. I ordered 20L of Di-Ionized water. Should be enough for the 490AH.

cianof

Postby cianof » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 pm

I'm going to replace the Aux battery. The battery in my van doesn't appear to be the original battery. Does anyone know the battery number, AH and other information of the E500s aux battery, couldn't find them in the manual?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:59 am

Best just take it to a motor factors and get them check it but I'm sure its an 063 @ 43ah

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Rob.Lincs

Little Orange Light

Postby Rob.Lincs » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi

My little orange light has been on for 2 years +. Van drives perfectly, range is always between 40 - 55 miles. I've done 20,000 miles +, changed the brushes twice and filled up the batteries 3 or 4 times. Tried removing the big fuses and doing a reset - light came straight back on.

It is quite a friendly light - I've become quite fond of it.

Anyone any ideas??

ALSO

Rubber gaiter on inner CV joint is leaking, suspect the joint is making slight noise. Anyone know if the driveshaft is the same as anything else or is it Berlingo Electrique alone and not available cheaply from Swedish German French place?

PLUS

Heater not working. It just stopped one day last winter and from then on I froze. Perhaps mid summer is the time to do something about it? Anyone any ideas.

I did check the fuse panel - seemed to be a couple of large ones blown - no idea what they are for. Replaced them, nothing seemed to change and they haven't blown again????

Regards

Robert

Funny, everyone seems to want to buy my little yellow van at the moment - all thought I was mad when I purchased it! :D :D

ChrisB

Re: Little Orange Light

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Rob.Lincs wrote:Hi

My little orange light has been on for 2 years +. Van drives perfectly, range is always between 40 - 55 miles. I've done 20,000 miles +, changed the brushes twice and filled up the batteries 3 or 4 times. Tried removing the big fuses and doing a reset - light came straight back on.

It is quite a friendly light - I've become quite fond of it.

Anyone any ideas??

You'd really need to put it on a diagnoses machine and see what code it spat out, it might be something like a Temp sensor ? it cant be that bad or it would have locked down the controller and stopped you driving.

Rob.Lincs wrote:
ALSO

Rubber gaiter on inner CV joint is leaking, suspect the joint is making slight noise. Anyone know if the driveshaft is the same as anything else or is it Berlingo Electrique alone and not available cheaply from Swedish German French place?

I dont know for sure but watch out your not losing Gear box fluid and the noise isnt gearbox bearing failure , the gear box holds such a tiny amount of oil ANY leak can make a big cause for concern.

Details for topping up here http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk ... c.php?t=92

Rob.Lincs wrote:
PLUS

Heater not working. It just stopped one day last winter and from then on I froze. Perhaps mid summer is the time to do something about it? Anyone any ideas.

I did check the fuse panel - seemed to be a couple of large ones blown - no idea what they are for. Replaced them, nothing seemed to change and they haven't blown again????

Regards

Robert

Heater could be any number of issues , mines still not that happy due to me putting grubby fuel in it :oops:

Some details on Heater issues I'm having are here http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk ... .php?t=105

ChrisB

cianof

Postby cianof » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:08 am

Well it seems that most of my problems with my Berlingo have been sorted. Still haven't got rid of the ECU fault light, but am getting used to it at this stage.

I was so busy sorting the motor in my E500 that I never got around to checking the date on the batteries. I assumed they were the same date as the van. I looked at them today and I discovered they're 2003. Fingers crossed, there should be a few years left in them. So far I seem to be getting a fairly uniform 5 miles per 10%, with 2-3 extra miles at the start of the run.

The Last thing I have to fix now is the radio. I find that for whatever reason, the radio reception is rubbish. The radio in my Berlingo is in the lower part of the console, with the folding cover.

Flying John
Site Staff

Postby Flying John » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:49 am

Sounds like an after market unit may have been fitted, as in some Blingo's the radio is in the higher up part of the dashboard. It could simply be the aerial plug that is not plugged all the way in, if not (and I am assuming the black aerial rod is actually on the van in the front centre of the roof) then you can check the connections by removing the interior light in the headlining and checking it is not damaged by water leaking in through the roof.

John

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:15 pm

My radio is in the lower section and has a folding thingy over half of it, seems very weird , but it does pic up the radio well so I suspect you may have an aerial problem ??

ChrisB

cianof

Postby cianof » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 am

My EVlite arrived in the post today. It's a great piece of kit. Was able to clear the fault memory. The Electrical Fault Lamp is now off. That's one more item off the repair list.

Discovered what is wrong with the radio. There's a pin that does goes into the aerial socket at the back of the radio. That pin was loose and when the aerial connector is attached, the pin was getting pushed through into the radio.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”