Berlingo noise

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
chatwindows

Postby chatwindows » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Good idea. I looked at the cluster but assumed it would be the usual nightmare to remove. I shall now give it a go. JC

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Cluster should come out in less than 15mins work 8) you'll need to take the shroud off the steering column as well.

Hardest bit I find is the slot that a radio can fit in, some vehicles have a pen tray in its place which can be tricky to hook out but otherwise if you've got a few torque bits its really easy.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

chatwindows

Postby chatwindows » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks,
Mine has got a CD player/radio fitted, but I have the tools for removal. I'm off behind the dash lines now. I may be some time!!!
JC

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:42 pm

mmmmm nearly 12hrs on and no contact :?

Has CW blown themselves up :shock:

:lol:

ChrisB

chatwindows

Postby chatwindows » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Sorry, haven't had time yet. I forgot I had promised to go to the Classic Bike show at Stafford with my brother. I collected him & we trundled off in the Berlingo at a reasonable rate but refraining from high speeds. From Lichfield to the showground is 26 miles with three very good hills. We got back with 52 miles showing on the clock & about 13% still showing. He is impressed, I am delighted, & all for less than 30p!!! Even his Austin 7 cannot get near that.
The very steep hill close to the showground that brings even the newest 38tonners down to a crawl, was negotiated at around 30mph, without getting the needle into the red for more than just a few seconds!
The noise came on as usual about a third of the way into the journey. In all fairness, with the two of us rabbiting on, it was almost inaudible. I shall however, investigate behind the dash tomorrow. I shall report. Thanks for the continued input.
JC.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Just as apossible idea. One Of mine has had a poorly installed alarm and somewhere in the circuit associated with the door switches is a short. So the buzzer goes on all the while.
But if there is a slight short it could be the normal door buzzer getting a voltage. Solved mine temporarily by pulling the fuse to the interior lights etc. Might be worth pulling the interior lighting etc fuse and seeing if it goes away.

Grumpy-b

chatwindows

Postby chatwindows » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:55 am

Thanks for that. I can try that very easily & at least eliminate another possibility.
Ta, JC

chatwindows

Berlingo noise.

Postby chatwindows » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:32 pm

My Blingo has been "hors de combat" for the last week. The DC-DC converter has failed. As we speak the ECU is on its way back from Evan, having been fixed. I think we have established that the replacement battery that was fitted when I bought the van, was not, as I naively believed it to be, a "new" one, but was in fact, "another" one! This then may be the cause of part of the problem. No matter how I charge it up, it will only read 11 volts. This may be what caused the converter light to come on, but who knows? It may also have some bearing on my noise. Hopefully I shall be mobile again on Monday & will report the results of the first flight test.
I've had to buy some petrol for my wifes car this week. A novelty that I was starting to enjoy living without. Are'nt they noisy?

Chatwindows.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Oh dear thats a shame.

Yeah its hard to go back to having to put fuel in a vehicle isnt it, and as they say they are so much more noisey than the Blingo's

ChrisB

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”