Not Getting 100% charge.

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
cianof

Not Getting 100% charge.

Postby cianof » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:06 am

A relative of mine recently bought a Berlingo Electrique. Unfortunately it's not getting 100% charge. It usually gets 70%, once it charged to 90%.
The fan comes on straight away when its plugged in. There is enough coolant and it seems to be flowing fine.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:17 pm

One of mine did something similar, the temp sensor in the top engine bay was reading 40+ degrees and would shut down early, But not always, then it went the other way and read -30 something and the fan never came on. Replaced the sensor and all is well. Worth checking on the evlite what the Temp reading is.

Grumpy-b

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:17 pm

Thanks Grumpy-b. I'll get some temperature readings. That sensor is in the top batter pack?

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Yes its on the front nearside battery. Its a bugger to get to. I take out the controller and then you can shift the battery pack over to the front and offside without having to lift out out. The cover can be removed and you can get the battery out to get at the sensor. (Not sure if I have a spare at the moment I will check), Otherwise its an engine crane to lift the battery, or two very strong sets of arms.
Still first step is the Evlite temp checks.

Grumpy-b

cianof

Postby cianof » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:01 pm

The van has been sitting idle. Evlite is reading 35 degrees, the ambient temperature is around 12 degrees. I think there must be something up with the temperature sensor. Where's the best place to get a replacement temperature sensor? Thanks.

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:30 am

Sounds just like mine. Spares are a problem.!!!!! Citroen dont list any of the parts of the battery cases. It may be possible to get one from SAFT. I will try and have a look later on and see if I have a spare.
I have yet to take the old one apart and see what it contains. Its really tiny and plugs into a small hole in the side of the battery.

Grumpy-b

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”