Social event in't north

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
Teslas fag packet

Social event in't north

Postby Teslas fag packet » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi all, me thinks is time for a social event, also and mainly i see this as an informal meeting to exchange ideas and meet others we may or may not have had the honour of meeting.

I'm thinking 8th of December not too close to the seasonal holidays and not too short notice

I have thought long and hard about where exactly in the north we should base this get together and i have come up with the following.

1)Leeds
2)Leeds or
3)Leeds

I have chosen option 1) Leeds, as it has good transport links and is generally fantastic in every way.

Now, I'm thinking couple of drinks and a meal in a pub nothing fancy it's just an excuse for a get together and a chat about all, not necessarily technical aspects of ev's and eving.

The chosen venue is in a suburb of Leeds, Whitkirk which derives from the old Norse for near the M1, and A63 and A64. Also nearby Crossgates has a train station on the York – Leeds - selby line

There is a recently refurbished PUB/Restaurant called the brown cow and dragon.
(We can meet here at 11:30 and have a pint and a meal)

http://www.pub-explorer.com/thepubs/browncowleeds.htm

there is also a hotel next door, (I'm not propositioning you I'm just stating a fact)

this is also near historic Temple Newsam should anyone fancy walking off a large meal

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/templenewsam/

If you are interested please email me on mini.evolution@ntlworld.com and i will provide maps and menu's (if i can get hold of a copy) as required i must stress this is an informal get together nothing flashy.

Please pass this invite on to others not on the forum who may be interested

Hope to see you soon
Tesla
:)
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

ChrisB

Re: Social event in't north

Postby ChrisB » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:04 pm

Tesla's fag packet wrote:I have chosen option 1) Leeds, as it has good transport links and is generally fantastic in every way.

And nothing to do with.......

Tesla's fag packet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one tezzer, yeah lets get teh Northern crowd out of bed, might pay you to have a rumage in the members list and PM anyone near there incase they dont pick up on this thread :wink: .

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:16 pm

Oh yeah what a coincidence 8)

it would be good to get the occasional get together in from time to time, thanks for the advice will rattle some cages :)

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:26 pm

Pub? Drink? EVs?

Music to my ears. Don't think the bike will make it that far, but I'm definitely up for a northern meet. Can't let the southerners have all the fun eh?

On a pedantic note, Whitkirk does not mean near the M1 in Old Norse, it means "white church", but buy me a pint of Tetleys and I'll let you off!

Will the mini be ready for the road by then?

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:22 am

Quiet here isn't it?

Surely there must be more EV enthusiasts up this way who would love the chance to escape from the Christmas shopping for a Saturday morning?

If Ian (Chopperman) gets his stock of LifeBatt cells in time, I'll bring a few along together with the BMS so that folk can take a look.

It was actually me who suggested meeting in Leeds as I thought it would be within reasonable reach of the majority of people up this end of the country. If anyone has any alternative suggestions for future meetings just shout.

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:08 pm

Oi Malc,

As well as Tetleys they also serve tim Taylors, Landlord. and if they serve Ram Tam i will be in my elephant.

I for one, (seemingly the only one) would love to look at the batts and BMS good plan

Also My Cell restoring charger should be ready by then with any luck, i could bring that along :)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:51 pm

Go for it guys , even if its just the two of you this time, take some pics write a little report of what you did and chatted about and post it up here 8) it may well be just the two of you this time, but then next time it might be 3 then 4 then 5 and before you know where you are the northern posse will be up and running :wink:

Dont forget to report on beer quality as well :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:23 am

May be worth PMing Peter Perkins too, as he lives up that way :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

retepsnikrep

Can't make it due to work

Postby retepsnikrep » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:30 am

Sadly I'm working Sat 8th Early shift :( So can't make it this time.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:52 pm

I plan to be there, but it's too far for the Berlingo so I'll be using the fossil burner.
Tesla- I think my girlfriend SaintMaryUK emailed you.

I intend to cross-post this to ElectriccarsUK.groups.yahoo - any objection?
Tim Crumpton

Return to “Events”